Benefits of Full-Time Enrollment
Students enrolled in the Spatial Sciences Institute’s online GIS graduate programs should maintain full-time enrollment (two courses per semester) at all times. Our enrollment statistics have shown that students who are enrolled full-time throughout their academic program are more engaged with their coursework, classmates and faculty. They have a greater sense of connection to the material and those working through the coursework with them, earn higher grades, and graduate on time more frequently. Full-time enrollment also benefits students as they work on research and production of a thesis.
The SSI curriculum is designed to supplement and support a student’s research efforts, and course material taken more recently will be more useful for students than older courses. The faculty and advisors at USC understand there will be instances in which a student cannot maintain full-time enrollment. In these cases, we recommend students discuss the rationale and impact with one of the student support advisors. Outside of these circumstances, full-time enrollment is a critical element of success.
|Cost Per Unit||$1,995|
|Master of Science in GIST||$55,860|
|Master of Science in HSGI||$67,830|
|Graduate Certificate in GIST||$31,920|
|Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence||$31,920|
|Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Leadership||$31,920|
|Graduate Certificate in Remote Sensing for Earth Observation||$31,920|
Application Fee: $90, non-refundable fee.
Books/Supplies: Students can expect to incur approximate additional expenses including lab fees ($554), books/supplies ($1,008), and field excursion room/board ($450) and travel ($0-$500, estimated) for applicable programs.
Health and Activities: $100 (Activities include a variety of live virtual performances, concerts, speaker series and much more.)
For additional information about tuition and fees, please visit this link.
External Scholarships and Awards
- United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) – Rgi Scholarship for Geospatial and Engineering; Ken Miller Scholarship for Advanced Remote Sensing Applications; Stu Shea USGIF Endowed Scholarship
- Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU) – Scholarships for undergraduates going into graduate school and continuing grads (must be GTU member)
- American Association of Geographers (AAG) – Scholarships and grants awarded to both undergraduates and graduate students in varying amounts
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) – Various awards for students pursuing research and/or careers in remote sensing
- Cartography and Geographic Information Science (CaGIS) – Two awards to graduate students or undergraduates planning to complete a GIS master’s degree
Military and Veteran Benefits
The University of Southern California is proud to support U.S. Active Duty and Veteran service members. Veteran funding and scholarships are available to eligible individuals. Visit our Military page to learn more.
Gainful Employment Disclosures
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Leadership
Fill out the information below to learn more about the University of Southern California’s online GIS Graduate Programs and download a free brochure. If you have any additional questions, please call 877-650-9054 to speak to an enrollment advisor.
The University of Southern California respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of the University of Southern California, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.