Benefits of Full-Time Enrollment
Students enrolled in the Spatial Sciences Institute’s online GIS graduate programs should maintain full-time enrollment (two courses per semester) at all times. Our enrollment statistics have shown that students who are enrolled full-time throughout their academic program are more engaged with their coursework, classmates and faculty. They have a greater sense of connection to the material and those working through the coursework with them, earn higher grades, and graduate on time more frequently. Full-time enrollment also benefits students as they work on research and production of a thesis.
The SSI curriculum is designed to supplement and support a student’s research efforts, and course material taken more recently will be more useful for students than older courses. The faculty and advisors at USC understand there will be instances in which a student cannot maintain full-time enrollment. In these cases, we recommend students discuss the rationale and impact with one of the student support advisors. Outside of these circumstances, full-time enrollment is a critical element of success.
|Cost Per Unit||$1,928|
|Master of Science in GIST||$53,984|
|Master of Science in HSGI||$65,552|
|Graduate Certificate in GIST||$30,848|
|Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence||$30,848|
|Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Leadership||$30,848|
|Graduate Certificate in Remote Sensing for Earth Observation||$30,848|
Application Fee: $90, non-refundable fee.
Books/Supplies: Students can expect to incur approximate additional expenses including lab fees ($554), books/supplies ($1,008), and field excursion room/board ($450) and travel ($0-$500, estimated) for applicable programs.
For additional information about tuition and fees, please visit this link.
External Scholarships and Awards
- United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) – Rgi Scholarship for Geospatial and Engineering; Ken Miller Scholarship for Advanced Remote Sensing Applications; Stu Shea USGIF Endowed Scholarship
- Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU) – Scholarships for undergraduates going into graduate school and continuing grads (must be GTU member)
- American Association of Geographers (AAG) – Scholarships and grants awarded to both undergraduates and graduate students in varying amounts
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) – Various awards for students pursuing research and/or careers in remote sensing
- Cartography and Geographic Information Science (CaGIS) – Two awards to graduate students or undergraduates planning to complete a GIS master’s degree
Gainful Employment Disclosures
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Leadership
Fill out the information below to learn more about the University of Southern California’s online GIS Graduate Programs and download a free brochure. If you have any additional questions, please call 877-650-9054 to speak to an enrollment advisor.
The University of Southern California respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of the University of Southern California, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.